Friday, March 9, 2012

Is it obvious?

About a year ago, I bought a bottle of wine from a grocery store. After the teenage boy ringing me up asked to see my license, he jokingly made a comment about my "fake ID." Although it was a joke, I still felt a small sting of resentment. "I am twenty six years old. I'm someones mother," I said somewhat pridefully. I was quickly brought back down to earth when he smiled and said, "Well, yeah you do have the mom haircut."

What signifies to the world that you are a mother? Is it your short bob with bangs? Your Honda Odessey with the stickers on the back? Or how about the fact that you pull a pacifier, action figure, and snotty baby wipe out of your purse to get to your wallet at Chik-fil-a?

Here's a second thought. What tells the world that you are a daughter or son of God? Is it obvious? I can tell you that it will not be based on your physical appearance, your bumper stickers, or what you whip out at the Chik-fil-a counter. 

It will be Love.

The way you treat the outcast will tell others about who leads your heart. The way you respond to a strong willed child will tell others about who sets your standards. The way you say, "No" can also speak volumes about who you hold dear.

"Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Jesus Christ." Philippians 1:27

Let's show the world who we belong to, and make it obvious!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE you Stacey Layden and always love to read your blog! Hope you are all well!!! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you mama Love! We miss you too!!

      Delete