Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Heart Full

I got quite a response when people found out I was having twins. But not much of it was really positive. I heard:

"Oh, bless your heart..."
"Better you than me!"
"Oh boy..."
"Well you're just gonna have your hands full, aren't you?"

The last one being the most common. I finally started agreeing with folks and asking if they wanted to schedule a time to come over and take a shift. This especially surprises strangers. 

Psalm 127:3-5 says, "Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of  a warrior are children born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court."

Children are a reward! I am blessed because of them. So what if I have Lansinoh dried onto my wedding ring. I'm thankful I have a wedding ring and a courageous partner to share this adventure with. So what if it takes me longer to get everyone in the car than it takes to run the actual errand. I'm blessed that I and my children are healthy enough to venture out and make that bank deposit (when so many are spending their first month in the NICU). And so what if my bed has become a changing table. Spit up dries pretty quickly when you dab it with a cloth diaper. And honestly, I'm too tired to even notice if I've left a couple of wet diapers at the end of the bed. I'll find them in the morning! 

With three babes under three at home, yes, my hands are full. But more importantly, my quiver is full and so is my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said as long as you venture into this new life and adventure with the Lord by your side (and Bobby of course) nothing will get in your way each day is a blessing and each new road block given to you is just a way to learn a new route and take you on a better adventure

    ReplyDelete