Monday, August 4, 2014

Why Should I Give Him The Time of Day? Part Three: Invigoration



I may be the only one, but when someone tells me my hair looks good today, it gives me a little boost.  I stand up a little straighter and I breathe a little deeper.  Many mamas need that extra dose of encouragement daily.

If you spend most of your day in sweat pants wiping little noses and little bottoms, you begin to feel slightly less than human.  If your days are eaten up by giving and giving and giving, you will turn up empty.  Every now and again, all it takes is a little reminder of how lovely you are to bring you back to life.

Invigoration.

In the same way, vibrance floods me whenever I pause to sit at my savior's feet. He tells me that I am desired, pursued, and uniquely called to his purposes.

When the morning sunshine first sparkles through the trees, I can sit on the wooden steps of my back porch with a cup of coffee and read:

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
1 Corinthians 10: 31

When the kids are finally in bed for the night, I can hide under my covers and hear:

"Blessed are those whose sin the Lord does not count against them..."
Psalm 32:2

Even in the midst of a chaotic day, when I feel like a hot mess, I can devour a quick psalm that says:

"God is within her, she will not fall..."
Psalm 46: 5

I can't consume these scriptures without becoming invigorated and ready to go again.  It is nourishment for my spirit.  It is vitality for my heart.  It is rest for my mind. I crave to know:


For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11



"You are altogether beautiful, my darling; 
there is no flaw in you."
Song of Soloman 4:7

"Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?"
1 Corinthians 3:16

Passionately pursuing the heart of your savior will never produce an empty return.  Intimacy, instruments, and invigoration are gifts given by the fullness of a relationship with him.  He already knows you better than anyone you've ever known.  It's time for us to get to know him as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment