Sunday, October 12, 2014

31 Psalms That Meet Me in the Mess - A Faulty Cornerstone



The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone, - Psalm 118:22

The cornerstone is the first foundational stone set when building a structure.  It determines the position of the structure as all other stones are set in reference to it.  It provides the example and alignment.

It is a valuable and significant member of the body of a building.

I am definitely not cornerstone material.  If I were closely examined to see if I were worthy of such leadership and reliability, I would be rejected just as the stone in Psalm 118:22.

And yet, God has made me a cornerstone anyway.  That doesn't say much about me, but it does speak volumes about God.

You've heard it said that God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.  Well that's me.  So not qualified.  A better description of me would be "faulty."

His power is so infinite that He's not afraid of my impatience or my pride.  He's not hindered by my lack of faith.  He's not put off by my distrust of Him.

He doesn't stop short at the sight of my weaknesses and decide to use someone else for the task.  Instead, He smiles and whispers, "Perfect. Perfect for a job such as this."

I have been called.  I have been charged as a valuable and significant member of the body of Christ.

How about you? How have you been called in spite of your weaknesses?


Want to read more from this series 31 Psalms That Meet Me in the Mess?  Click Here for a complete listing of daily posts!



No comments:

Post a Comment