Saturday, October 18, 2014

31 Psalms That Meet Me in the Mess - Focus Fades the Rest


I keep my eyes always on the Lord.  With him at my right hand, I will never be shaken. 
- Psalm 16:8

To focus on Him when all around me is screaming and clamoring for my attention, my worry, my agony.

"Look at me! What will you do about me?" Cries the insecurity.

"Don't let me go!" Demands the broken heart.

"You think you can lay me down, but I will be here until the end." Whispers the mommy guilt with a smirk.

They surround me and all I can see are their ugly faces darting and dancing in a tight circle around me.  Some days they seem to cloud and blur everything else.

But when I catch a glimpse of Jesus through a part in the crowd...oh sweet Jesus.

When I catch a passing notion of Jesus, I cling to it.  I set my eyes to focus on His power and calling in my life.  I see favor, provision, healing, and hope.  His presence alone frightens the agony away.

When I'm aware of His awesomeness, the troubles that are seeking my life fade into faintness.  His approval tells me I can stand tall.  His love gives my lifeless body warmth.  His forgiveness tells me I can breathe. 



Want to read more from this series 31 Psalms That Meet Me in the Mess?  Click Here for a complete listing of daily posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment