Saturday, October 25, 2014

31 Psalms That Meet Me in the Mess - The Praise of a Future Generation



Let this be written for a future generation,
that a people not yet created may praise the Lord.
Psalm 102:18

This.

This is incredible to me.  

It just brings into sharper focus that He knew me before I was born.  It blows my mind to try to understand the way God experiences time and space.  

It humbles me right to the floor to know that He made arrangements for me to glorify Him before I was even born.  The bible is a written record that affords me a precious opportunity.  Not only do I give praise for what He is doing today, but I can read and treasure how He has been moving since before the beginning of time.

I can read and understand that He is unchanging.  I can believe that He embodies the characteristics of patience, goodness, and faithfulness because every documentation in His holy word points right back to those truths.  It is affirmed time and time again.

I can praise Him because His goodness was written for a future generation.  The bible was written for my mother, for me, for my children, and for their children to come. 

For generations that have not yet been created.

Enter the jaw-dropping awesomeness of God yet again.



Want to read more from this series 31 Psalms That Meet Me in the Mess?  Click Here for a complete listing of daily posts!








No comments:

Post a Comment