Friday, October 24, 2014

31 Psalms That Meet Me in the Mess - A Pure Craving



My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh 
cry out for the living God. 
Psalm 84:2

Warm mug in hand, filled with coffee or tea.  Sunk into my bed or couch.  Oversized, fluffy blanket draping my shoulders.

And my bible.

My sweet, treasured, falling-apart bible.

It's an image that soothes my soul.  A place that I long to be.  

When I spend time alone with the Lord, I do many different things.  I read the scriptures that are so preciously recorded for me.  I read the commentator's notes.  I pray through them.  Sometimes I journal.  Sometimes I get down on my knees.  Sometimes I follow a bible study that another soldier for Christ has written.  Often, I sing.

But one thing is always the same.

I am never sorry for the time given.  I always come away with a filling sense of companionship.  A loved-on feeling.

This deep connection makes me yearn for the courts of the Lord.  He is with me all day, yet I can't wait to get back to a place of undivided attention between just He and I.

My flesh needs Him.  It cries out.  I crave Him in the purest way.  And I hope that I always feel this way.  It saddens me to think of a day that my passion may fade.

Do you crave time alone with the Father?  Do you ever feel a quiet time is your most pressing priority?



Want to read more from this series 31 Psalms That Meet Me in the Mess?  Click Here for a complete listing of daily posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment