Tuesday, October 28, 2014

31 Psalms That Meet Me in the Mess - The Skies Pouring Forth Speech


The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.  Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge.
Psalm 19:1-2


My husband and I often stop and grab each other's hands when noticing the sky at certain times of day. 

Sunsets are just incredible at our house.  The sun often slips down right in a clearing between two wooded areas, with crazy shades of purple and red splattered across the great expanse of blue.  I forget to breathe every time.

Sometimes it's at night as we are unbuckling three car seats and transporting three sleepy kids to their beds.  We pause right in the front yard to marvel at the clarity of the stars or the sheer size of the moon.

If the skies are pouring forth speech, what are they saying?  If they are displaying knowledge, what is it that they know?

I think I know.

The skies, the sun and moon, the stars, they all scream the glory of God.  Breathlessly they are saying, "Just look at this beauty!  This creativity is far beyond any you will ever encounter.  This...this...came from His imagination!"

How could we not worship that?  The magnificence is humbling.

Maybe I'm just a science nerd, but creation does that to me.  The vast variety of life forms and colors and environments just astounds me.  The fact that our all-powerful creator thought of all of this, formed it, and then pushed it into motion...

And not in mass production.  He considered each piece of creation as He formed it.  He detailed the lines and fingerprints in my husband's hand that I hold each time we marvel at what the He has done.

Lord, I am so small, and yet, you have made me so significant.  Thank you for your care.

How long has it been since you marveled at a sunset-painted sky or the stars against a black night?



Want to read more from this series 31 Psalms That Meet Me in the Mess?  Click Here for a complete listing of daily posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment