Friday, October 31, 2014

31 Psalms That Meet Me in the Mess - Why I Shout For Joy


My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you-I, whom you have redeemed.
Psalm 71:23

"I just want to hug you and tell you how brave you are for being so transparent.  I know it's not easy to be so open."

I had just shared part of my ugly story with a group of women at a nearby church and a few of them approached me after the meeting to ask questions or share pieces of their own stories.

I shook my head gently as I said, "How could I not be?  God has done the most unbelievably incredible things in my life.  I'm so passionate about it, I can't keep quiet."

And that's where I am today.

Y'all.  Can I just tell you?  I wish we were sitting face to face somewhere with a warm cup of coffee.  I wish we had hours to just sit and exchange.  I want you to know my story, and I want to know yours.

Where have you been?  Where are you going?  How has God turned your life upside down?

The way He moves and blesses and stands is just awe-inspiring.  I've had a front row seat to the glory of God.  He made the blessing of redemption so real and thick that it's almost tangible.

My husband and I both found ourselves in a state of hopelessness.  Our marriage was broken, full of distrust, faithlessness, and dirty.  On the edge of signing papers, we were spun around so fast we almost didn't know what hit us.

God granted me a positive answer to so many of the prayers I laid with on sleepless nights.  He redeemed.  He took back what was lost.  How could I not share that?

No, it's not easy to talk openly and honestly with strangers and family alike about matters that come out of your most private struggles.  But it is so worth it.  It's worth the hope that it gives to others.  It's worth the tears I see slide down faces who have endured similar heartache.  It's worth the smile I see when I say, "God is good."

I am saturated with joy and I will shout and praise for I have been redeemed.  We have been redeemed. 



Want to read more from this series 31 Psalms That Meet Me in the Mess?  Click Here for a complete listing of daily posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment