Monday, October 27, 2014

31 Psalms That Meet Me in the Mess - Your Bare, Broken Heart


Record my misery; list my tears on your scroll-are they not in your record?
Psalm 56:8

When words fail us, tears speak equal volumes.

It soothes my soul to know that the long nights I spent soaking my pillows and the long showers I took washing the salt away were not in vain.  I feel considered and treasured when I think of how those tears did not evaporate without notice.

The sound of the breaking of my heart was as worthy as any well-spoken prayer.  My heavenly father's heart breaks when my heart breaks.  He sees my anguish.  He is moved by my agony.

The tears of His children are never lost.  They are precious in His sight.

Our father can do miraculous things with a broken heart.  The next time words fail you, just know that He doesn't need your eloquence.  Just your bare, broken heart.

What was the last thing that broke you to tears?  Take comfort in knowing that He saved and cherished every drop.



Want to read more from this series 31 Psalms That Meet Me in the Mess?  Click Here for a complete listing of daily posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment