Thursday, October 30, 2014

31 Psalms That Meet Me in the Mess - The Attention of the God of the Universe


Because he bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath! (NLT)
Psalm 116:2

In recent weeks, we've been having a bit of a problem with our four-year-old.  He is overly aggressive, demanding, and just downright disrespectful.

While talking it out with another mom of young boys, it was suggested that he may simply be grasping for more of my attention.

I strive to be very intentional about letting each of my kids know how deeply they are loved and cherished, but it is a possibility that it gets lost somewhere between me and my boy.

Whether or not this is the root of his aggression is yet to be seen, but my analytic and meditative nature kicked into high gear over Psalm 116:2.

The visual of God actually bending down to listen to me has been carved onto my brain.  What a beautiful picture of attentiveness and engagement.  Our heavenly Father stooped so that no words are lost between my mouth and His ears.  The God of the universe leaning in close so that not a crumb of emotion, affection, or urgency is dropped.

I never have to worry about whether or not God is paying attention to me.  I never have to do a song or dance to get Him to glance my way.  I don't have to fight the rest of the world for His engagement.

Thank God, because I would surely lose that battle!

Matthew 10:29-31 lets us know that His eye is on the sparrow.  If we are more valuable than the birds,  how much more does He focus on me?



Want to read more from this series 31 Psalms That Meet Me in the Mess?  Click Here for a complete listing of daily posts!


No comments:

Post a Comment