Monday, December 8, 2014

Grace In The Form of Animal Cookies

Something bizarre happened this morning.  I woke up sick, which doesn't happen often.  I'm not visiting the local Urgent Care or totally knocked out in my bed.  It's just one of those no-energy-fairly-nauseous-sore-throat-cloudy-headed kind of feelings.

No matter the severity, raise your hand if you know that mamas and daddies don't get a sick day.  Also, two thirds of my littles don't feel well either, so they are in desperate need of extra TLC and won't nap.  The remaining third of my brood threw up this morning with no warning, but insists he feels fine.

I started the day totally spent.

So today, I would like to let you know that I put a giant tub of animal crackers on the floor for everyone to dig out of for breakfast.

Like a feeding trough.  A feeding trough of cookies.

And then my husband realized that something was not right with the universe and made us all eggs.

And that is why I have no substantial, biblically sound, insightful message for you today.

I just want you to enjoy the fact that I gave my kids a superstore-sized tub of crackers (are they crackers or cookies?) for the most important meal of the day.

Thank God for grace.

In any case, I hope you all are having a fabulous Monday!




No comments:

Post a Comment