Monday, March 2, 2015

4 Ways We've Kept Our Marriage Fun

1.  Shower Curtain Graffiti



Some people keep a toothbrush in the shower.  We keep a sharpie marker.

I like to leave little notes in unexpected places for my hubby.  You know...like the toilet paper roll.  So naturally, one morning in the shower, that giant white liner was screaming, blank canvas! 

It started with my cell number and a note to call for a good time.  It moved on to a game of tic-tac-toe, and doodles, and messages of love.  Every so often, we add to it.  No one sees it but us anyway!


2.  Nerf Guns and Snow Balls

Then there's this I found on Pinterest:


And you guessed it...I put my skills into full effect. The front door cracked open and I watched from my hiding spot until I had the perfect shot. Then, chaos ensued. It was every bit of the meaning of the word epic.  We also have these pretend snowballs in our house which provide equal amounts of fun:

(Can be found at Walmart!)


3.  Movie Quotes

My hubby is a huge movie fanatic, so it's fun to throw movie quotes at him when he least expects it, and see if he can guess the title.  Anything goes from Beauty and The Beast, to The Avengers, to The Goonies.  Pumping gas into the van, driving to church on Sunday morning, or just before we fall asleep at night...you never know when one of us might take on the voice and lines of Gandalf or Marty McFly.

4.  Couch Dates

I am in a large company of folks who believe that date nights after the I do's are vital to your marriage.  In reality, with two two-year-olds, a four-year-old, two very busy schedules, and a slim discretionary budget, dinner and a movie is scarce.

So we have dedicated every Tuesday night to be Couch Date Night.  We are currently unashamedly obsessed with The Office and are eagerly awaiting Jim and Pam's baby.  We have a glass of wine and eat cheesecake right out of the pan.  I wouldn't lie to you.  It's an oasis right in the middle of a stressful and exhausting week.  I look forward to it with great anticipation.


What do you do to keep the everyday fun and fresh?  I'd love some new ideas!

2 comments: