Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Grasping Grace, A Letter To The Spirit



Oh, sweet Jesus. My good, great almighty God. Was it six months ago that I chose my one word as Grace? For a time, the feat of grasping and understanding this heavenly virtue felt insurmountable. Change felt slow. I doubted whether or not I had chosen correctly.

But you, Lord. You chose this word for me. Now I know.

I know because you have jerked me to a life touched by grace. The eyes of my heart have been ripped open. 2015 will be a life-changing year.

This will be the year that I truly see the grace in my life.
This will be the year that I learn to extend it to others.
This will be the year that I extend it to her, Lord.
This will be the year of perspective shift.

Oh, Jesus this is big. So much bigger than me.

See to it that no one misses the grace of God 
and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.
Hebrews 12:15

I'm fighting back the tears as I sit in this coffee shop. Fighting so that the elderly gentleman across from me does not feel uncomfortable. Fighting so the barista doesn't ask if I'm okay.

Because I'm not okay.

This truth of yours has slammed me hard this morning, Father. I'm so much better than okay.

An undeserved, uncontrollable grace that reaches down after me as one who has been adopted into your family.  It drenches and sweeps me off my feet.  There is no stopping it. I can't deny it or talk my way out of it. I can't be so modest that you slip it back in your pocket. This grace.

What I have deserved, I did not suffer.  That which I could never earn by merit has been delivered.  I can hardly wait to get to the end of this year. Your love is so wild, I can't even dream of what you have yet to do in me.

To think that I will look a little more like you. To think that grace will change my face...

No comments:

Post a Comment