Thursday, January 7, 2016

When God Stirs So Much It Aches

2016 will look vastly different
, He whispers to my heart. And I smile involuntarily although there is a dusting of fear behind it. It is so HIM.

Since we vowed to love each other always and serve the Lord relentlessly for the rest of our days, the Lord has never left us comfortable. Every year has brought unfamiliar challenges, stretching, and growth. Our eyes have been opened wider and they've cried more tears of both sorrow and joy. Our hearts have broken and mended and grown so large we thought we may be able to see them from the outside.

We have encountered our God in ways that are scarcely describable. And when you have an encounter with God, you are never the same. Each New Year we are never the same.

2016 will look vastly different, He whispers to my heart. So HIM.

I see what is coming for me and my family in part as if I'm looking through a lightly frosted window. But I know there is a greater depth coming for me. Something hard and beautiful. Something that will boast of Him.

Jesus, have mercy.

I treasure up all these things and ponder them in my heart like Mary after she birthed the Savior of the world (Luke 2:19). Did her heart ache as mine does today, I wonder? The excitement, uncertainty, and readiness to be about the Father's business churns. I can barely take it.

When God stirs our hearts so much that it aches, we are spurred to action. We are set to love.

Jesus, let 2016 be about action, about love, but mostly about your business.

No comments:

Post a Comment